On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Yoav Shapira wrote:

Hola,

From Commons:

 * EL (dormant?)

Tricky status here, and here's why: the JSP 2.1 spec has EL changes,
and they're significant enough that Jacob Hookum did an almost
cleanroom implementation of EL.  He's a newly-elected Tomcat committer
(Tomcat 6 will support JSP 2.1) and is in the process of donating the
EL implementation to Tomcat technically.  It's going to live on its
own within the Tomcat repository, as we'd like to modularize things
further in Tomcat 6 and he'd like to make the EL impl usable by other
servers (Glassfish is already using it or will in the near future).

In light of that, I'm not sure what commons-el should do.  Maybe move
into the Tomcat repo?  Maybe instead of hosting the new EL in Tomcat
we should move it to Web Components along with the old commons-EL?

 * FileUpload (active, martinc should confirm interest in moving to JWC)

Seems like the classic web component to me ;)

 * Others per interest (I have little interest in JSP 1.1/1.2 taglibs,
been on 2.0 for a while now)

Right, but we should keep the repositories together, so if 2.0 moves
to Web Components, so should 1.1/1.2 taglibs.

+1 - with an aggressive application of dormant/inactive/whatever-label. Most of them are pretty much dead - some architectually, and some just in terms of community.

Hen