Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
I will vote -1 based soley on item 1 of the list for the reasons I've already explained. I think that having ANOTHER jak-commons is a fundementally bad idea. If these are truly enahancements to JavaSE, they are one community, and share a mailinglist...then make them one distribution and version them together.

An interesting perspective. Firstly, this isn't another commons, but a breakout from the existing commons using the existing code in the existing packages.

Secondly, jar hell is real and painful. We know that and strive for backwards compatibility. My hope is that this group will be able to create a single jar file in addition to the component jar files. Why? Because our users seem to want both.

Thirdly, because it moves one step forward towards a world where Jakarta consists of lots of small components, each at the same level, grouped for communication, development and practicality.

Stephen