Just a few comments (as I am a bit late)

At Cocoon every committer can join the PMC by just asking for it. The
idea is that committer do care and shape the project anyway. If you
don't care enough about the project - why would you be a committer? We
are quite open and were working out most of the things on the dev list
anyway. This seems to work pretty well for the Cocoon community.

...well, now with Jakarta this is a little different situation - as
stated before it's an umbrella project. Which actually makes the
position of the PMC a bit more complicated ...why should a committer
to commons have an impact on the direction of e.g. hivemind. So maybe
we need to be a bit more selective for the PMC members (as we are).
Maybe.

But if you argue into that direction -no matter how often this has
been discussed already- I would rather question the idea of an
umbrella PMC then... (*ducks*)

cheers
--
Torsten