> All right,
>
> I get it now. Thank you Martin. Yes, It sounds now more reasonable to move
> in the incubator.

Sorry you didn't get it :) (probably me though, mailing too much today). I was
saying that I think
Cactus can gather enough votes in the current situation for eg a release (so
without a need to go
through the incubator), so the Incubator path isn't needed (at least the way I
look at it).
Exception of course is the legal part :), besides that we are taling about an
existing Jakarta
codebase here.
If people think the cactus should go back to the incubator, because of a lack
of vibrant community
and not being able to release, because of the 3 +1's, we probably shouldn't
stop there , and start
shipping other Jakarta (sub and subsub) projects to the incubator.

In this case Felipe was keeping tabs on what you were doing  (and if I
understood correctly Felipe
currently hasn't much time left to work on Cactus, but is still interested) and
Kenney Westerhof
also worked on a cactus plugin for maven2, so he could also be a candidate to
become active on cactus..

So the path will probable be (got no objections on this when sending this to
private)

- Get your paperwork done (Code grant, icla, ccla)
- Have a vote on cactus-dev / general to accept your codebase into Cactus
- Do the incubator paperwork, start a vote there (based on lazy consensus, so
if no one objects, the
code is accepted)
- Start a vote (on cactus-dev / general) to add you as a Jakarta committer.

No difference in this scenario with Mantissa/Luc path (to give an example)

Mvgr,
Martin