On 5/10/07, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > However, here's a vote for Commons to officially request that it move
> > to TLP.
>
> +1 (non binding)
>

> >    http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/TLPResolution
> >
> > Please add your name if you're a Commons developer and haven't added
> > your name yet.
>
> I think you have already explained that yesterday, but I didn't understand ...
> The list seems to be intended for PMCs, not for the hundreds of simple
> committers like me ?

At this time it tends to be common for the new PMC to be formed of the
committers. It can depend, if someone is a new committer then it'll be
weird adding them to the PMC from the get go (least that seems to be
the general opinion).

IMO Luc (and any other active commons committers not on the Jakarta
PMC) should add his name if he wants to. I believe we have enough
people with experience on the proposed PMC list which means we can
accomodate the one or two who haven't been around as long.

I realized today that this is a subject that hasn't come up - where
will the committer list come from. Personally I'm in favour of using
the current jakarta committer list to define the list of people with
karma to a TLP Commons.

+1, otherwise we'll end up either losing people who have contributed
in the past and might want to again or having endless votes to
re-grant karma.

If you feel you're an active committer, I'd add your name.

+1

Niall

Hen