Hi All

For the 3.0 release of POI, we followed the advice on voting on artificats, the not the state of the tree. So, we used our ant script to produce RC artificats, signed them, and placed them on people.apache.org for review.

After the vote, we renamed the files from -RC4- to -FINAL-, tweaked the filenames inside the .md5 files, and copied into /dist/.

Two snags though:
* we had to re-generate the maven pom, and re-sign it, as that holds the
   release version in it, which changed
* we forgot that the .tar.gz and .zip files all have poi-3.0-rc4 as their
   base directory name, since the directory name is generated dynamically
   in build.xml

What do other people do about this for their releases, when voting on artificats? Do you do each build as if it was -FINAL (so that gets embeded into all the directory names etc), then rename the artificats for voting, or something else?

Thanks
Nick