Askar Zaidi wrote:

> A few weeks ago I posted an email to one of the Jakarta commons mailing
> lists. When I search a particular word on Google, this email appears in the
> listing. Is there a way I could (or the Admin) delete this email from the
> archives so that this email does not appear on Google listings ?

No. The commons mailing lists are public, and there are several
public mailing lists archives that will be indexed by all major
search engines. That is the whole point of these mailing lists:
questions are answered once, and everyone with the same or a
similar problem can find the answers afterwards. You can't
expect privacy when posting to a public forum.

best regards,
  Roland