On 9/3/07, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Personally I'd ask the reverse question of the Fisheye users. Can
> OpenGrok serve the same purpose?
>
> If so, then we should stop using the commercial app and move to the open
> app.

Other things being equal, I would probably agree with you. However, with
FishEye, Cenqua (now Atlassian) takes care of hardware, installation,
upgrades, maintenance, etc. so that we don't have to. The proposal in this
thread is that the ASF take all of this on in order to run OpenGrok as part
of the ASF infrastructure. I'm much more inclined to leave things as they
are, with Cenqua doing the work, than I am to have us take on all the work
just because we'd prefer the open source project.

--
Martin Cooper