Hi!
The following page has been changed by HenriYandell:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/Using_LGPL'd_code

Does this mean the door to have LGPL dependencies as described below has been closed again?

- = Latest [EMAIL PROTECTED] informations (2006) =
- - Lately we discussed that it might be possible that the PMC is able to vote to add LGPL stuff to a project as long as the following rule will be fulfilled. - - We still need the ok from legal@ before we start with this procedure. - - At least the jakarta PMC voted that these rules are acceptable. - - == Rules== - - * ask the original library author to change its license or provide a double licensing model
-  * look for an alternative implementation with an ASF friendly license
-  * the build script BY DEFAULT excludes java classes depending on LGPL
-  * a special parameter will enable building these classes
-  * its not allowed to bundle the LGPL library with any
distribution\\(nightly, release)
-  * the function the library gains from the LGPL stuff is fully optional
-  * a bridging api (which can reside within the same project - so can be
hosted at apache) will be used to access these LGPL stuff to clearly show its
optional behaviour
-  * a vote for adding a LGPL dependency to a project on pmc@
- - The technical stuff how to setup the build has to be figured out.

Ciao,
Mario