We would like to create a component to do some work between the mail client
(like thunderbird) and the mail server (that stores mails)

SMTP req. | My Proxy | SMTP Request (send mail) |========================================================| transformed mail
Mail client ==============>| SMTP server ==> Processing on the mail ==> client
SMTP | =================> SMTP Server

POP req. | My Proxy | POP Request |======================================================| Mail client ==============>| POP server ==> Processing on the mail ==> client POP | ===================> POP Server

             pop resp :   |

       transformed. mails |
 |   response : mail(s)
Mail client  <=========    | POP server <== Processing on the mail <== client POP
| <==================  POP Server

IMAP req. | My Proxy | IMAP Request |====================================================== | Mail client ==============> | IMAP server ==> Processing on the mail ==> client IMAP| ===================> IMAP Server

             IMAP resp :   |

       transformed. mails  |
   |   response : mail(s)
Mail client  <=========     | IMAP server <== Processing on the mail <== client
IMAP| <==================  IMAP Server

Regards,
guillaume Lundy

Robert Burrell Donkin a écrit :
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:03 PM, LUNDY Guillaume