Hi Mats,

 if there is, maybe this "FAQ" could be updated.

Yes, absolutely. I guess that there are other ways to disable modemmanager but since I don't need it I decided to get rid of it. Please feel free to update and improve the wiki article at any time.

Thanks,
Leon

On 2013-03-18 01:56, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Leon Anavi <l...@anavi.org> wrote:

Hi Miklos,

//line 629: handshake failed//

I had the same issue on Ubuntu 12.10. The solution is to disable modemmanager and then to run lthor again. For details please have a look at the Tizen wiki article: https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_lthor_on_Ubuntu_12.10 [1]

there's got to be a way to define how you want particular parts of
your hardware to be used at a given time without "purge one package so
another can take over".   if there isn't, that's really pushy/poor
 if there is, maybe this "FAQ" could be updated.

Links:
------
[1] https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_lthor_on_Ubuntu_12.10

--