Hi JF.Ding,

thanks for your reply.

On Friday 11 October 2013 20:04:53 Jian-feng Ding wrote:
> > This works for a snapshot, true. How about the tip ?
>
> It's the clue to figure out which git is being used in OBS (and then
> repos/images). So for 'tip', just looking for the latest snapshot.

Well and this is what I want. Mapping back from what OBS builds to the git.
Reproducible and unique.
Right now what I can see is:

* git-obs-mapping  provides general rules like  branch "tizen" in all git
repos goes into "Tizen" in OBS. Fine.

* Not all git branches have a branch "tizen" and "master". "master" should be
an alias to tizen IMHO for simplicity.

* In OBS some specfiles have a VCS tag. Which holds this information. BUT not
all packages have this tag.

I can guess and crawl through git trees ... c'mon, that is not what we want.

Best,
JS