On 05/15/2016 08:28 AM, Olivier Nyssen wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Since Python is supported by EFL, it would be great to have it on Tizen as
> well.
> Python is #4 in the Redmonk Language Rankings:
> http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2016/02/19/language-rankings-1-16/
>
> Python support on mobile would be major coup for Tizen imo
>
> Thanks,
> Olivier

I don't have a vote, so this is nothing but personal opinion.  I love python
personally (in addition to extensive use, I have written and taught a course,
tech-edited the Python Essential Reference, volunteer as a webmaster for
python.org website, etc.), but it doesn't seem a great match to the objectives
of Tizen at the moment. It's not terribly fast, it gets kind of bulky when you
introduce the included batteries, and then a whole bunch of the useful extra
bits, the interpreter binary is another big thing that has to be added to an
execution profile that people are already grumbling is too big, and so on. And
it must be said, it doesn't "lock down" nearly as easily as some people seem to
want for Tizen.