Actually, I think those steps (aclocal, etc.) are already in README.CVS. Probably what
would be most helpful is to have step-by-step instructions on the web page where most
folks will find out about the cvs info. What you have there is currently sufficient
for those experienced with CVS, but you may want to add simple steps to follow to set
the CVSROOT, login, and check out the module, and then to run aclocal, autoheader, etc.

Also perhaps instructions for those who would like to use a Windows client like WinCVS
might be helpful....

-- Dan

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Alexander Barkov wrote:

> Author: Alexander Barkov
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Message:
> Thanks for Suggestion!
>
> Dmitry, please consider to add this instruction into README.CVS.
>

> > The solution (on Linux RH 7.0):
> >
> > Run aclocal (just like that) after autoconf and before running
> > ./configure.
> >
> > That's another step on the way, but there are still problems:
> >
> > creating Makefile
> > sed: can't read ./Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> > creating src/Makefile
> > sed: can't read ./src/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> > creating doc/Makefile
> > sed: can't read ./doc/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> > creating etc/Makefile
> > sed: can't read ./etc/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
> >

> > I finally found the answer to all of this at
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/general%40mnogosearch.org/msg00185.html .
> > And indeed, it works. Perhaps Sergey's posting should go into a
> > CVS mini-FAQ into the distribution. Something like this:
> >
> > file: CVS-README
> >
> > Q: How do I compile the latest version from CVS?
> > A: Run the following commands:
> >
> > # export CVSROOT=:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/CVS
> > # cvs login  (type cvs when asked for password)
> > # cvs co mnogosearch
> > # cd mnogosearch
> > # aclocal
> > # autoheader
> > # automake
> > # autoconf
> > # ./configure (your parametres, see README and ./configure --help)
> > # make
> > # make install
> >

> Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=1888>

> to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   Daniel Hanks - Systems/Database Administrator
   About Inc., Web Services Division
   1253 N. Research Way, Suite Q-2500.  Orem, UT 84097
   ph: 801-437-6023  fax: 801-437-6020  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]