Danil Lavrentyuk wrote:

> MZ> will considered as english text, regardless document language.
>
> And what if a site having many texts uploaded by users?
> Have I manualy edit all they satting "lang" attributes? :)
> Have I demand it from uploader? They will not.

Users may upload big mega gifs as .html files :) Let talk about W3C
recommendations.

> What if I have to index texts placed somewhere in the internet, not locally?
> What if a site contains texts of many books (something like www.lib.ry, for
> example)?

Sometime, without explicit language definition it's impossible uniquely
select language for a word.
For example, word 'test' may be english or german.

--
Maxime Zakharov           http://sochi.net.ru/~maxime/
 Sochi, Russia               http://www.sochi.com/