Richard Wall wrote:

> [...]

pdfinfo called from doc2html does not return anything to
stdout. It warns about bad format to stderr:

/usr/home/bar > pdfinfo wb58.txt
Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)
Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Error: Couldn't read xref table

  So, doc2html seems to wait for pdfinfo output forever.