I'm unable to get the indexer to scan *.pdf files.  I've removed the
*.pdf argument from the disallow statement in indexer.conf, and I've
added an external parser:

Mime "application/pdf"  "text/plain"         "/usr/local/bin/pdftotext
$1 -"

I've confirmed:
-pdftotext works on a command line
-the pdf file extension is mapped to application/pdf in the apache
mime.types file
-the server will deliver the pdf files
-the indexer is reading the right conf file.

The indexer lists the directories containing the pdf files as it runs,
and it scans subdirectories and txt files within them, but not the pdf
files.  I can't figure out what else I need to do to get the indexer to
scan my .pdf files.

I'm using version 3.1.17.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks.

--
Is it time for your medication or mine?