Hi,

I would like to start by saying that I'm very happy with mnoGoSearch. The
performance is great, especially after moving to crc-multi word storage mode
and running the optimizer script now and then.

There's one thing I'm clueless about though. I still haven't been able to
understand how the weightfactors work. I've been reading search.txt multiple
times but that didn't help me.

an example:
I didn't change any of the default *Weight parameters in the indexer.conf
file.
The search 'search.cgi?q=someword&m=all&wf=00F00' first returns documents
that don't have 'someword' in the title before returning the documents with
'someword' in the title. I thought 00F00 tells the search program to take
into account the title field and ignore the other fields?
There must be something that I'm missing about the *Weight parameters and
the wf parameter. Is there a document other than search.txt that explains
this?

I'm using mnoGoSearch 3.1.16 with MySQL on Linux. I'm using the search.cgi
written in C.

Any information would be highly apreciated.

regards,
Kristof Verniers