Author: costas
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
I previously posted quite a bit of information on indexing a WWF.org.uk directory (if
anyone read it).  Well I ve been doing further extensive testing and I am very sure
that something needs modifying in the indexer.

The problem is that I cannot index 'http://www.wwf.org.uk/news/'.

The only way I can index this news directory is by doing something like this:

Server http://www.wwf.org.uk/
URL http://www.wwf.org.uk/news/n_0000000426.asp

This indexes the entire site but it is not what I want.

It is nothing to do with security, allow/dissalow,  follow/path/world etc, period,
external flatfiles.

I am just worried because I have a few very large indexed db indexing many large site
and i think it may be missing out important pages.
can anybody manage to index this directory

costas

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=3290>