I'm using directories to limit search results but I can't seem to get
multiple directories to work correctly. I'm using a php front end.

If I have query that is

    index.php?q=window&ps=20&ul=honda

works fine. if I change Honda to Chevrolet it works fine.

    my directories are /www/honda/ or /www/chevrolet/ or /www/ford/

If I try

    index.php?q=window+maker&ps=20&ul=honda+chevrolet      <-- Doesn't work
    index.php?q=window+maker&ps=20&ul=honda&ul=chevrolet   <-- Doesn't work

to search only in bmw AND chevrolet the search fails.

Can someone please straighten me out on the correct way to pass the URL. How
do I correctly handle multiple directory searches?

TIA,

Charlie