Author: Jeff Levy
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
Hello,
I am just beginning to use MnogoSearch, and so far it's working very well for me.

I have a question concerning the ability to add additional search fields to the
database.

Looking at the 'url' table, where it seems all the data is stored (utilizing the
single-table configuration option), I notice several fields which correspond to
certain html META tags. Such as 'title', 'keywords', 'description', etc.

My method for indexing content is pretty straightforward. I index only the xml files
on my site, and at index time, call a mime-helper to pass the xml data through an xsl
stylesheet to produce a text/html file for MnogoSearch to index. I simply grab the
title, keywords, and summary nodes from my xml and turn them into their html-meta
equivalents.

This works wonderfully.

What I want to do is grab some additional fields, such as 'phone', or 'state', or
perhaps 'author', etc. Fields which our client would like to search on.

Is it possible for me to simply add these columns to the 'create.txt' sql, and perhaps
do some other modifications and, using my xml/xslt-> html meta-tag method, have these
data captured for indexing as is the 'title', 'keywords' data?

Please let me know if this is a) possible b) where in the documentation I might find
how to do this and c) if not in the documents, perhaps send me/post to mail-list a
quick how-to.

Thank you.

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=3650>