Hello!

indexer understands these types of comments:

<!--UdmComment-->   ...  <!--/UdmComment-->

and

<NOINDEX>  ... </NOINDEX>

It is possible to configure Mhonarch so it will
format html pages in this style:

   <NOINDEX>

     Mhonarch headers like [Date][Thread] etc

   </NOINDEX>

   <!--X-Body-of-Message-->

     Message Body

   <!--X-Body-of-Message-End-->

    <NOINDEX>

      Mhonarch footers

    </NOINDEX>

If it's possible, just try it and send configuration
notes to the list, we'll add them into our documentation.

Anyway, I understand that you might want to index a remote
mail archive without having an access to configure it.
I think, we should add this to our TODO:
   an option for Server indexer.conf command
   to tell indexer that we are in Mhonarch indexing
   mode, so it'll ignore all unrelated headers/footers.

Regards!