Hi,

[Bcc note !!!]

> Adam Naguszewski wrote:
>> 1) will mnogosearch handle more than 100 million questions per day

> Adam, 100 million a day is about 1100 queries
> per second. We didn't test so many queries,

100 questions per second will work with SUN- 4 Processor-maschine.
Tested; mysql/cachemode.

> but I think it is too much and will not work
> even with small database.

The problem is (with mysql) the size of url.db (cachemode).
Works fine up to 1,5 Mio URLs.

Don't ask me about more than 2 Mio URLs; works not so fine.  :-((

>> 2) will it work with oracle 9 (yes, i know about oracle 8)

No idea; we havn't oracle.   ;-)

But with given mysql the (our) question is:
Is it better to use file based ISAM for url.db, robots.db and so on?
Alex, any way for this idea?

>> 4) is it secure

No.
3.2.3 has many bugs.
3.1.19 is quite stable. But have a lot of problems with
 - more then 10.000 basic URLs
 - more then 2 Mio URLs in summary

>> 5) is it ready for a project sililar to google
> No.

"No" is to hard.
I would say: "Yes, but...."

1) mnogo is the best free idea for this. In the world.
2) mnogo has concepional (spell?) ideas for load-balancing:
   - indexer
   - answerer (search.cgi)
   but not for: URL-database.

>> and if not, what have
>> to be build in

> If you mean huge volumes of data, a possibility
> to distribute database between many machines must
> be build in.

Ok,
1) mnogo has a lot of these concepts basicly implemented.
2) this is also our problem....

More only via mail.

No, I'm not member of mnogo group.

Martin Ebert