Author: Rich
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
I have some more information on my problem, and maybe you can shed some light on
possible solutions.

I looked at my Apache logs, and found the following lines when I ran the indexer
(dates removed for brevity):

192.168.0.201 - "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 404 274
192.168.0.201 - "GET /browserhawk/myshowbrow.jsp HTTP/1.0" 302 0
192.168.0.201 - "GET / HTTP/1.0" 200 309

In my index.php3 file, which is what is executed from URL http://192.168.0.201 (the
site I am trying to index), I access a JSP which is in my servlet container (Tomcat4)
webspace. This JSP calls a Java Bean which sends a test page to the browser. The Java
Bean expects the browser to respond, and then the JSP dispatches the referring URL (in
this case http:192.168.0.201/index.php3). This test page which the Bean sends has no
links and thus is, I suspect, short circuiting the indexer.

I commented out the call to the JSP and the indexer worked. Now I have to figure out
how to imbed a link in this test page so the indexer has something to follow.

Rich

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=4653>