Time to readup on what httpd does. that's the gold standard:
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html

-- dims

On 5/2/07, Sanjiva Weerawarana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there even a release manager concept though in that model? Anyone can
build candidate release artifacts and call for a vote? No that doesn't
make sense .. so we'd still need to have a vote to decide to do a release,
appoint a release manager and then that person calls for the vote on
actual candidate release artifacts. Is that the basic proposal?

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.