From: Roland Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 8:58 AM
To: general@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Pruning committers and pmc members

Hello dims,

I remember a similar discussion for Jakarta:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-general/200603.mbox/%3c
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> How about we use the same process for PMC members too? I can add
> another file for pmc members and here i will not prefill anyones
> option. All PMC members have to edit the file and modify the option
> next to their name. At the end, same 2 weeks, we can declare those who
> did not choose to be active as Emeritus.

Please bear in mind that there are regions of the world
where folks get 30 holidays a year, and may take off on
a vacation for three weeks in a row or so. Since you don't
plan to pre-fill the PMC list with any Yes, you should
consider a timeframe of 4 to 6 weeks rather than 2.

cheers,
  Roland