+1 for Confluence.

I want to be also involved in updating the Axis C++ content ....just to
make you all aware.  There is a lot of stuff that needs to be cleaned up.

Nadir Amra
Integrated Web Services for IBM i Operating System
IBM Rochester, MN,  (Tel. 507-253-0645, t/l 553-0645)
Internet: a...@us.ibm.com

Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com> wrote on 10/15/2010 02:25:37
PM:

> From: Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
> To: general@ws.apache.org
> Cc: Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
> Date: 10/15/2010 02:26 PM
> Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL]: throw away the 'forrest' web site in favor
> of exporting the confluence site
>
> +1 for Confluence.
>
> I know more or less how the Confluence auto-export stuff works, but
> there are two technical questions that are not clear to me:
>
> 1. Where and how are the export templates maintained?
> 2. How is the exported content (https://cwiki.apache.org/WS) going to
> be published to http://ws.apache.org and how will we manage the fact
> that some subprojects continue to use generated (Maven) sites?
>
> Andreas
>
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 17:03, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm definitely +1.   Forrest sucks.   :-)
> >
> > On Friday 15 October 2010 11:00:32 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> >> We've got 1.5 web sites here.
> >>
> >> There's
> >>
> >> http://ws.apache.org
> >>
> >> which is very stale, and 'maintained' using Apache Forrest, which
> >> isn't, well, maintained, and has no release that works with Java 1.6.
> >>
> >> Then we've got:
> >>
> >> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WS/Index
> >>
> >> which is more up to date, but needs to be exported (in place of the
> >> above) to be useful.
> >
> > Well, it's already being exported:
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/WS
> >
> > but the template definitely needs a lot of work. As does the content.
   But