Thank you for the suggestions, Martin.

Stack corruption does not appear to be the issue:
(a)Your PINF in [1] yields a run-time error -- "SP <warning: unsupported format string argument>p". (Not sure why that would be.) (b) Replacing %p with 0x%x and applying the appropriate cast, results in PINF showing "SP 0x810893f0".
(c) The kernel_stack$ symbol is set at "81079440 B kernel_stack".
(d )KERNEL_STACK_SIZE = 64 * 1024.
So the stack pointer is appropriately near the top of the stack, assuming it's growing from top to bottom.

Your suggestion, [4] failed to compile with the following error output:
"//Work/Genode/genode-15.05/repos/base/src/base/include/unmanaged_singleton.h: In instantiation of ‘T* unmanaged_singleton(ARGS ...) [with T = Kernel::Core_thread; int ALIGNMENT = 4; ARGS = {}]’:// ///Work/Genode/genode-15.05/repos/base-hw/src/core/kernel/thread.cc:805:45: required from here// ///Work/Genode/genode-15.05/repos/base-hw/src/core/kernel/thread.cc:771:1: error: ‘Kernel::Core_thread::Core_thread()’ is private//
// Core_thread::Core_thread()//
// ^//
//In file included from /Work/Genode/genode-15.05/repos/base-hw/src/core/kernel/thread.cc:17:0:// ///Work/Genode/genode-15.05/repos/base/src/base/include/unmanaged_singleton.h:69:3: error: within this context//
//   new (&object_space) T(args...);//
//   ^/"
Based on Stefan's suggestion however, the CXA guards appear to be working correctly.

I'll look into your thought about the cpu_id, once I understand its purpose and use.

I should also note that the thread.cc I'm using contains two additional methods and associated call case statements I ported from my modified kernel from an AM335x implementation. Those core-based kernel calls are necessary in both the 4371 and 335x to allow writing to control subsystem registers in these platforms. I don't believe these changes have anything to do with the issue, but it is a difference.

    Thanks,
        Bob