On 23.01.2018 13:13, Subhadeep Sarkar wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your quick response!

However, even after trying on it for the last couple of last I could not make it work (clearly shows that I am a newbie in Genode). The good part is I am able to by pass the problem by installing Genode in a (ubuntu) virtual machine instead of a container. I successfully launched the demo for okl4 from there. Launching sel4, however, does not appear to be as straightforward. ;)

So, what is your problem? Can't connect to the VNC server? What kind of container did you tried? Does it have a separate IP address assigned? The IP should be from that container. The display number is usually 0. So, you should specify

QEMU_OPT += 127.0.0.1:0

if your IP is the same as a host machine (you can try a simple chroot instead of a container, for simplicity. Then it's IP would be 127.0.0.1. Also, in this case you will be able to access a local display, and VNC will be unneeded)

So, the problem may be with accessibility of your VNC display from outside the container. But you could try chroot for simplicity, as I suggested. VM is a worst option, because you'll need to run QEMU inside this VM for testing the binaries, which will be slow.
Anyway, thank you very much for your assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Subhadeep

Subhadeep Sarkar, PhD
Postdoctoral researcher, Univ Rennes, Inria, CNRS, IRISA
Inria Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique
Campus universitaire de Beaulieu
35042 Rennes cedex, France

Website: subhadeep.cf