On 05-01-2018 13:01:44 +0100, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
> On 20/12/17 10:24, Benda Xu wrote:
> > We have merged RAP back to Prefix and it becomes the default for Prefix
> > on Linux-based systems.  I have drafted an announcement to
> > gentoo-dev-announce.  Please comment on the text.
>
> What does this mean for existing non-RAP prefixes?

I think nothing, it only affects bootstrapping a new one.

> Do newly emerged packages use then a prefixed glibc?

I believe this should not be the case, unless you switch profiles (but I
doubt that will play nice without re-bootstrapping).

> If not, how can I convert an existing prefix to use RAP?

Conversion is not likely to ever going to happen, so should you want
RAP, then you should re-bootstrap.  Existing Prefix installs are
unaffected and remain as-is.

Thanks,
Fabian

--