On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:09:22 -0500, Curtis Richards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just assembled a Tyan S2875 with dual Opterons, a SATA raid 0 and a
> MSI NX 6800 Ultra graphics card.  It has a Windows Pro XP partiotion (
> for the kids games ) on 10% of the drive space.  Are there any gotcha's
> installing Gentoo AMD 64?  Should I install Slackware or Ubuntu on part
> of the drive space first in order have a working enviornment to access
> the SATA array?  All help greatfully accepted!

If you try a bootstrap, you'll get errors compiling gcc. The easiest
work around is:
A stage 3 install. compile ur kernel with the gcc that came with the
stage tarball. Boot ur system, see it boots ok. then do a
FEATURES="-sandbox" emerge -u gcc
followed by emerge portage.

Then you can do the emerge --deep --newuse --update world.

Don't have a SATA raid, so can't help with that.

HTH

-- Joe

--
Money can't buy everything.