Mike Jenks wrote:

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:07:06 -0500, Mark Creamer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The command gzcat /proc/config.gz |grep -i usb |egrep -v '#' returns this:
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_RW_DETECT=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DPCM=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_SDDR09=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_SDDR55=y
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
CONFIG_USB_MDC800=y

The only USB device I have now that I would like to use is a USB mouse.
Currently it's plugged into the PS2 port with one of those adapters

lsusb is not found on my system

It looks like all necessary USB drivers are compiled directly into
your (running) kernel.

I recommend you move the USB to modules... My Asus A8V wouldn't find anything on the USB bus till I put it in as a module instead of compiled in (I've had the smae problem on my thinkpad laptop in the past as well, so it's not an amd64 feature).