> On Saturday 28 May 2005 16:46, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Apologies if this is too off-topic.  I'm running Gentoo on an
> > AMD64 desktop with an nVidia 6800 GPU.  I'm using the system to
> > experiment with programming the GPU to do non-graphics
> > calculations.
> >
> > I'm going to need to do presentations of this work in the future,
> > so I'd like to have a similar environment on a laptop.  Does anyone
> > have recommendations on laptops that have AMD64 and nVidia?  I've
> > looked at the Sagers, which look great.  They have AMD64 systems,
> > but they use ATI gpu.  They do have some Go 6800 systems, but thye
> > have Intel CPU.
>
> Hi,
>
> You might want to look at the Acer range of laptops. Their amd64 laptops come
> with nVidia GPUs - I am considering buying one myself and so would also be
> interested in opinions on this.

Which Acer models have AMD64 and nVidia?  I can't find one on their
website.  The Ferrarris all have Turion64 and ATI graphics, and the two
Aspire modles with Athlon 64 have either ATI or SIS integrated
graphics.

The guys at PowerNotebooks.com told me AMD64 and 6800 was probably
months off.

I'll post if I find anything else.

-karl