Francisco Perez wrote:
I've had my AMD 64 box running for a few days, but I just noticed that at the login screen it says "Welcome to GOETHALS.UNKNOWN_DOMAIN". Right before that though, it says "Setting DNSDOMAINNAME to albrookdata.com." I've checked my resolv.conf file as well as my /etc/hosts, /etc/conf.d/domainname, and /etc/conf.d/hostname and they all seem ok. Here is the contents of the files:

/etc/resolv.conf
domain albrookdata.com
nameserver 201.225.225.225

/etc/hosts

127.0.0.1       localhost
201.226.119.5   goethals goethals.albrookdata.com

201.226.119.5  goethals.albrookdata.com  goethals

/etc/hosts needs FQDN followed by alias(es)

Hth,
--
/  Xavier Neys
\_ Gentoo Documentation Project