emm, is not -uD something almost everybody does, but nobody should do?

I had the same error - AFAIR reemerging java-config solved it.

No, -uD is update deep, -UD is what you should NOT be doing. the U means update only. The difference is if say package-1.45 was marked stable and then found to be buggy, it gets masked in some way. Then package-1.44 would be the most current stable package. The U flag says not to go back to the 1.44 package. On the other hand, the -u flag will "upgrade" to an older package if it is currently the newest unmasked or stable package. I think the biggest problem, I could be wrong thoug, is that usually when packages get remasked like that and upgrades go backwards, it is a security problem. And even that seems to be uncommon. I have not ever seen one of my packages go backwards but I could have missed one or two.