On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 12:17 +0100, José Carlos Cruz Costa wrote:
> and for servers? like audio servers (very responsive servers)

I've never personally run one, but ck-sources is good for that too,
based on reports on the mailing list.  There is a server mode for
ck-sources, for servers where throughput is more important than latency.
I run this on my servers, but they're not exactly high utilization, so
no difference would show up between ck-sources and gentoo-sources on
them.

Bascially, ck-sources gives lower latency than mainline kernels.  If you
care about latency (audio, video, desktops), you would do well with
ck-sources.

Daniel