I'm attempting a dual core upgrade on a MSI Neo2
Platinum.  It requires a BIOS upgrade which just won't
boot linux as far as I can tell.  Anyone got a Socket
939 Mobo which will run 64 bit gentoo with a dual
core?

    http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=89036.0

I've been running a few copies of the Neo2 Platinum
and one thing to watch out for is flakey RAM.  Had two
batches of OCZ RAM go back for warranty replacement
followed by a few "emerge -e world" to fix the carnage
on the harddrive left behind.

BTW, 10K RPM SATA drives give some good numbers with
an odd error

# hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
 Timing cached reads:   4016 MB in  2.00 seconds =
2007.87 MB/sec
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed:
Inappropriate ioctl for device
 Timing buffered disk reads:  206 MB in  3.02 seconds
=  68.21 MB/sec
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed:
Inappropriate ioctl for device

--- Drew Kirkpatrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>