Hi
I have to start eth0 manually with 'dhcpcd eth0 start' to start networking.
I do not see starting local...            {ok}
if I rc-update add local default.  I am told it is already there, skipping.
When I boot I see a long list of services not started.  These present
themselves as eg
'usage:  sshd {start | stop |restart |pause |zap}
Error: not enough args'
This is the same for dhcp, eth0, local, rmnologin, spamd, xdm.  Although
I have tried to unmerge xdm as it doesn't work, but I am told it is not
there, xdm starts if you type 'xdm', it won't allow you to login
though.  It is NOT in any runlevels.
Gavin