On 2005-12-01 08:42 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I guess I missed that part. If he is trying to run X in a
> chroot32 environment, I am not sure. I run X in native 64

X runs in native 64 bit mode, it's the 32-bit applications that are
the exception, and 32-bit binary-only even more so. When I run
glxinfo, it says (among many other things):

        direct rendering: Yes
        OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R200 20040929 AGP 4x TCL

So DRI is working in 64-bit mode (and 64-bit 3D applications, Tuxracer
being one example, can use it just fine).

> I was assuming the Xorg.0.log snippet he posted was from 64
> bit mode, and that was what was having problems initalizing
> DRI.

The problem is with running the 32-bit binary (which needs 32-bit
direct rendering support to run at a usable speed) in an otherwise
64-bit environment. It executes just fine, only dreadfully slow.

--
Michael Kjörling, [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://michael.kjorling.com/
* ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *