On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 17:37 -0200, Fernando Boaglio wrote:

> Hi, =D
>
> I would like to hear from your some advice about buying a new GeForce
> NVidia!
>
> My old GeForce2 it's really bugging me, freezing my desktop sometimes,
> which
> gave me the error "NVRM  XID: 0008".  =(
>
> I don't see people complaining about this error at Nvidia forums with
> new boards, only
> GForce2 and GForce4 owners. =/
>
> TIA!
>
> []'s
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Howdy,

If you wqant to be able to run last years games and watch full screen
(1600 X 1200) video, the Nvidia 6600GToc works very well.  The fan on it
is quieter under full load then a high end 125mm case fan.

I can't say if it will run 2006's releases of games, but it runs DOOM 3,
UT2k4, Quake 4 very well.

Best of luck.

B Vance