Mike Owen wrote:
On 1/27/06, Aggelos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Machine holds for a few seconds at the:
Probing IDE interface ide1...
(just before it reports the BUG:....)
and then continues on, booting normaly.
Is this a bug?
I include complete dmesg, lspci and .config.
Aggelos.

I have the same issue on some Sparc hardware. It only happens when the
IDE controller has nothing on it. If I attach a cd-rom, it'll boot
without messages. Try attaching something to the ide controller, and
see if you still get that message.

BTW, I get this running gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1, so it's not
something specific to vanilla-sources.

Mike

I am also running gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1.
It must have something to do with the IDE controller.
The controller wasn't empty. It had (and still has) an ide HDD and two
DVDRW/CDRW-combo drives on it.

I changed my .config, removing various features that were probably
unneeded, rebuilt a new kernel and the problem doesn't occur any more.
Thanks anyway, for your reply.
Aggelos