On Wednesday 01 February 2006 14:04, Mark Haney wrote:
> For some reason my clock in KDE has gone screwy.  I have it set in BIOS
> for EST (I'm in NC), yet in KDE the zone is set to UTC.  WHen I change
> it to EST, the clock changes from 8:03 (current time) to 1:03.  I can't
> seem to set it back correctly, even using ntp.  Has anyone else seen
> this problem?

Is your timezone properly specified by /etc/localtime? And did you specify
in the boot scripts that your system is not utc based. There is also a
kernel option to say that the system clock runs UTC. If you don't run
UTC, you obviously shouldn't use the option.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Gentoo Developer