On Friday 03 February 2006 00:07, Harm Geerts wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.
> This solved the glx loading but didn't do much for the performance.
> However, after glancing at the nvidia readme myself I found another option
> that I commented out for some undocumented reason :+
>
> Option "RenderAccel" "1"
>
> With this everything is working very smooth.

And only minutes after this mail I was abusing my system with mplayer and some
transparant xterms and suffered a big lockup. For historic purposes I've
saved the log and put it online :p
http://hagar.mine.nu/dump/X.org/Xorg.1.log

It wasn't a crash, but there wasn't much to begin with unfortunately.
Not sure which part of my abuse caused it. But I do remember seeing the
mplayer statusline in the xterm through the movie window.

I can only come to one conclusion, xcomposite is not bastard proof yet :)