On Wednesday 15 February 2006 03:17, Nuitari wrote:
> > I got old nice game Railroad Tycoon 2  and after installing made entry in
> > Kmenu with this command:
> > linux32 /usr/local/games/RT2/rt2
> > As you see its installed in /usr/local/games bypassing portage. Seems
> > everything works fine, sound and graphics, however, is it right way to
> > launch 32 binary on x86_64? I'm asking this because looks like amaroK's
> > OSD popup locks graphics in game, no way to exit it cleanly, root -> kill
> > pid doesnt work, just fuser -k did the trick but for my understanding
> > this isnt good way to stop programs running.
> > Now i'll dig other 32 binaries' ebuilds to see what happens there.
> > Any tips welcome.
>
> Have you tried using Alt-Enter to switch from windowed to full screen
> mode?
>
> It is a general problem with rt2 and popups that steal the focus away from
> it.
>
> You don't need the linux32 part.

Alt-Enter doesnt work, and cant find it should, isnt it only for winOS?
I run rt2 in fullscreen, and it appears --windowed option doesnt work, just
tried. Next time game will lock ill try X kill or Ctrl+Alt+Esc if it isnt the
same, but meanwhile i found where to turn off that amaroK OSD thingy, it was
bothering me anyway  :)

Can you explain why linux32 part isnt needed?

martins
--
Linux 2.6.15-ck3-r1 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
 03:43:59 up 21:13,  5 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.31, 0.74