On Friday 10 March 2006 07:13, "Gavin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] /dev/hda1 won't mount from grub':
> Do you mean to 'touch' everything in /boot?  Yes I added 'notail' to the
> fstab entry.  Should I make /boot ext2?

Yes, something along the lines of:
find /boot -type f -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty touch

If you like reiser'd boot, the notail thing is a minor issue.  In fact,
adding notail can make reiser faster as the expense of storage space (but
you'd loose that storage space to any other filesystem anyway...)

*I* run ext2/3 on boot because when I installed I didn't know 2 things (1)
notail makes grub work or (2) you can tell reiser to use less than 33M for
journal.  Also, it can make some system recovery easier -- since ext2/3 is
the most widely built-in filesystem, among linux kernels.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest