Hi,

I am new to the list so i am going to tell you who i am and then ask my first
question.

my name is Dieter Ries, i am an 19 year old (yet)pupil from germany, near
wiesbaden.
i am running gentoo 2005.1 on my desktop (amd64 3000+) and on my laptop (P3
500MHz).

my first problem is an init problem concerning filesystem checks.

everytime i boot up my gentoo-machine, all filesystems get checked. at first i
thought that perhaps reiser was not able to handle my maxtor 300GB S-ATA
disk, so today i changed to Ext3 fs. But the problem is still there. i had
checkfs and checkroot removed from all the runlevels using rc-update, but
rc-status -a said both started in runlevel UNASSIGNED. I tried pushing it to
BOOT because BOOT is before localmount i think, but it had no effect.

with e3fs it only takes about 5 seconds to check, but i dont think it is
necessary to check all the filesystems everytime i boot..

hope someone can help me, if you need further information i'll send, just ask.

cu
Dieter

--
Frank Castle is dead!