2006/7/31, Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'd also suggest filing a bug, as the dependencies are apparently screwed
up, if those protocols weren't dependencies that had to be merged in
ordered to merge xorg-x11.
Well, I considered filing a bug but things happend that way :
Very happy to find Xorg7.0 in stable arch, I tried to upgrade the
usual way (emerge -aD world).
But the config part of the package xdriinfo failed on some opengl
related attribute. I didn't investigate this further and just rolled
back using the package xorg-6.8-2 I've built (buildpkg rox) [following
your advice, Duncan, remember ? ;) ] ...

That way, dependencies of the libxkbfile ebuild were met (i.e.
RDEPEND="x11-libs/libX11 x11-proto/kbproto" ) and not selected for
reemerging at my second try to build modular xorg.

So I don't know if it can realy be a bug or if it's just some
pathological use case ...

cheers