On 8/21/06, Jorgen Jonsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
vmware-workstation-5.5.1.19175-r4 installed from Portage.
Whenever I do "/etc/init.d/vmware stop" or reboot I get th error, but
only if I've actually used VMware in the session.

Weird.

Are any of the vmware processes still running after doing the stop?
What happens if you manually kill -TERM all the vmware services
(vmnet-bridge, vmnet-natd, vmnet-netifup, and vmnet-dhcpd)?  Does the
lsmod use counter of vmnet/vmmon drop to 0?

Do you have ipv6 support enabled in the kernel and userspace? (check
emerge --info, look for ipv6 in USE).

How about if you shut down other network services (cups, bind, samba,
ntp, etc) first?

-Richard