Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Wednesday 03 January 2007 09:49, "Mark Haney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] firefox 2 on amd64':
Stefan Vunckx wrote:
Okay I compiled and installed it, it works great but does anyone else
see it in their menu list as 'Bon Echo'?  I also see that in the title
bar.  I haven't rebooted or regenerated my kde menu since compiling it,
but will doing that fix the menu?

As others have mentioned, check the mozbranding USE flag.

Any binaries that aren't from the pristine source (e.g. with any unapproved patches) that use the Mozilla Branding (i.e. the Firefox name and Icon, controlled in Gentoo with the mozbranding USE flag) are subject to the same issue that Debian saw during the "IceWeasel" debacle

Personally, I deal with enough branding, so I leave the mozbranding USE flag off. [As a side-effect, any packages or binaries I build can be freely distributed under my choice of the GPL or MPL since they are not subject to trademark issues.]

Ah, now it makes sense. But since I have no intention of building anything to be distributed or used for other than what it was designed for, I'm okay with the branding. Most times I treat brands like I treat my kids when they get rowdy, I mentally turn off any notice of them.

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator