Mplayer has a capture plug-in and now can play wmv up to version 3.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Knecht [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:01 PM
To: gentoo-amd64@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] OT - Single frame capture from Xine

Hi,
   This is a bit off topic but does anyone know of an app in ortage that can
do a screen capture if I've paused Xine? Alternatively, maybe a different
video app that can play mpg & wmv files (MUST be both!) in
AMD64 Gentoo, pause and then has a write to file feature in it for what's
currently displayed?

   The only app like this on my system is xsnap and it just captures a blank
area.

   I don't need smooth playback. I'll run any app up to the point I need,
capture the frame, and then dismiss the app.

Thanks,
Mark